Yorkshire and Humberside Evironmental Enforcement Group
Mallard Support Services
Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996 (c. 20)
1. Land to which Act applies.
2. Designation of such land.
4. Fixed penalty notices.
5. Orders and regulations by Secretary of State.
6. Effect of Act on byelaws.
8. Short title, commencement and extent.
Refuse Disposal (Amenity) Act 1978 (c.3)
Control of dumping
1. Provision by local authorities for disposal of refuse.
2. Penalty for unauthorised dumping.
Abandoned vehicles and other refuse
3. Removal of abandoned vehicles.
4. Disposal of removed vehicles.
5. Recovery of expenses connected with removed vehicles.
6. Removal and disposal etc. of other refuse.
Miscellaneous and supplemental
7. Acquisition of land.
8. Powers of entry etc.
9. Application to Isles of Scilly.
10. Orders and regulations.
12. Consequential amendments, repeals and savings.
13. Citation, commencement and extent.
SCHEDULE 1 . . .
SCHEDULE 2 REPEALS
Environmental Protection Act 1990
33. Prohibition on unauthorised or harmful deposit, treatment or disposal etc. of waste. (S)
33. Prohibition on unauthorised or harmful deposit, treatment or disposal etc. of waste. (E+W)
33A Fixed penalty notices for contraventions of section 33(1)(a) and (c): Scotland
33A Section 33 offences: investigation and enforcement costs
33B Section 33 offences: clean-up costs
33C Section 33 offences: forfeiture of vehicles
Duty of care etc. as respects waste
34. Duty of care etc. as respects waste. (S)
34. Duty of care etc. as respects waste. (E+W)
34A Fixed penalty notices for certain offences under section 34
Offences under sections 33 and 34: powers of seizure etc
34B Power to search and seize vehicles etc
34C Seizure of vehicles etc: supplementary
46. Receptacles for household waste.
47. Receptacles for commercial or industrial waste.
47ZA Fixed penalty notices for offences under sections 46 and 47
47ZB Amount of fixed penalty under section 47ZA
59. Powers to require removal of waste unlawfully deposited.
59ZA Section 59: supplementary power in relation to owner of land
59A Directions in relation to exercise of powers under section 59
60. Interference with waste sites and receptacles for waste. (E+W)
71. Obtaining of information from persons and authorities.
79. Statutory nuisances and inspections therefor. (E+W)
80. Summary proceedings for statutory nuisances. (E+W)
Provisions relating to litter
87. Offence of leaving litter. (E+W)
88. Fixed penalty notices for leaving litter. (E+W)
89. Duty to keep land and highways clear of litter etc.
90. Litter control areas.
91. Summary proceedings by persons aggrieved by litter.
92. Summary proceedings by litter authorities. (E+W)
92A Litter clearing notices
92B Appeals against litter clearing notices
92C Failure to comply with litter clearing notice
93. Street litter control notices.
94. Street litter: supplementary provisions. (E+W)
94A Fixed penalty notices relating to sections 92C and 94
94B Free distribution of printed matter
95. Public registers.
96. Application of Part II.
97. Transitional provision relating to section 89.
97A Fixed penalty notices: supplementary
97B Exclusion of liability
99. Powers in relation to abandoned shopping and luggage trolleys.